Sensomusic

#1 2018-04-24 22:46:14

Ariajazz

Hi all.

Is there any patch or script that allows to run (open) an external application or a windows function from within USINE?. In my case I need to be able to run an on screen keyboard, either the Windows one or any other 3rd party. This is to be able to type some information to USINE.

Thanks.

#2 2018-04-24 23:44:54

23fx23
Community

/interface control      /system     /system shell command , is a dedicaced module for that

by sefault its notepad, but you can replace by
c:\windows\system32\osk.exe

for windows on screen keyboard for ex

Last edited by 23fx23 (2018-04-24 23:49:34)

#3 2018-04-25 02:56:26

Ariajazz

Thanks a lot for replying. That is exactly what I was looking for, however it does work for everything I've tried except for c:\windows\system32\osk.exe... weird... I just replaced the osk.exe with a third party on screen keyboard app and it is working fine.

What I need now ia a way to "force" SAVE WORKSPACE AS command (Shift+Ctrl+S) to save workspaces to an specific folder and avoid having to scroll between folders when saving. In other words, a way to indicate the path for the folder the workspaces are going to be saved. I would like not to use applications such as HOTKEYS, that I know this can be done with. If everything can be executad inside USINE or WINDOWS it will be fine. I'm not into scripting, that's why I ask for you help.

#4 2018-04-26 01:22:33

23fx23
Community

you can add a send IML module

\patching \patch control \ patch send internal message

then write the message, replacing the path and name by what ya want:

Code:

SET_TARGET_PATCH SENDER_PATCH
SAVE_WORKSPACE "C:\TEMP\my_workspace.wkp"

#5 2018-04-26 01:58:28

23fx23
Community

or here a script version you can paste to empty script and compile.
then can clic on file_name, navigate once to choose folder and name, then when pressing save will save the current wkp to defined location. once set the location should be saved and recalled on reopening the workspace.

Code:

//GLOBAL VARIABLES AND TPARAMETER  DECLARATIONS
var pSave  :TParameter;
var pFile_name : TParameter;
var mess : string;   
/////////////////////////////////////    
//INIT                                                  

PROCEDURE INIT();
BEGIN

pSave:=CreateParam('Save',ptButton);
 setIsOutput(pSave,false);      
 pFile_name:=CreateParam('File_name',ptFileName);
 setIsOutput(pFile_name,false);   

END;           
PROCEDURE CALLBACK(N:INTEGER);                                                                    
BEGIN                                                                                        

CASE N OF           
   0:Begin                                                
         SendInternalMsg('SET_TARGET_PATCH SENDER_PATH');  
         mess := 'SAVE_WORKSPACE ' + GetStringValue(pFile_name)+'.wkp';
         SendInternalMsg(mess);               
     End;                           
  End;                      

END;                

#6 2018-04-26 04:22:24

Ariajazz

Thanks a lot for your help. Two problems though:

1) I'm using USINE STAGE v5. It does not support SAVE WORKSPACE in IML modules.
2) I have no idea on how to use scripts, how to execute or run them.

All I have achieved is to access the (Shift+Ctrl+S) save workspace command by using a plugin inside USINE, then with the on screen keyboard I can type the name of the workspace to be saved. Again, what I need in a way to define the path for the desired folder where the workspaces are saved or stored. I will be creating and saving multiple workspaces on the fly. I have noticed that USINE v5 remembers the last folder that you're saving to but that's is not enough for me because that path can be easily be lost due to  other activity, lets say saving a patch to another folder. So the idea is to make sure i'm directed to the selected folder, where workspaces are stored, every time I execute the Shift+Ctrl+S command.

#7 2018-04-26 05:01:21

23fx23
Community

oh thats v5 mmm yeah my solutions were assuming it was HH....  if iml doesn't handle save wksp, the script won't work either as using iml too. ill try to look whats possible in v5, but v5 is quite old now^^

#8 2018-04-26 06:16:24

Ariajazz

Sorry for the inconvenience, I should have mentioned it before. HH does not work for me, in despite of that I know it is more advanced and powerful many things have changed from v5 and I have too many patches and workspaces that would be a nightmare to adapt to HH, I have given it a try and ... no way, I rather still using v5, it is working perfectly and fill my needs. Thank you very much for your help.

#9 2019-10-05 12:09:16

hanshoffnung

thanks