Sensomusic

#1 2019-07-28 13:29:30

noise2sine
Platinum Member

Hello,

I was wondering how to automate the write and new button on the workspace preset manager ? I can do it with the arrows ...

Thank you

#2 2019-08-01 09:07:32

nay-seven
Administrator

You can use a module preset manager in a patch, set his target to workspace  then add buttons or automations to new and rewrite inlets

Follow us on Facebook , Instagram, Twitter

#3 2019-09-22 10:49:23

noise2sine
Platinum Member

Hello,

I'm facing a lot of difficulties making the workspace preset working ! I'm using 4 samplers and it's really messy when i'm trying to save preset. The sample are not recalled and sometimes they are ! but in a different order ! How the worksapce preset manager is flexible ? I mean if i'm adding a sample to a list , does it can still work without making a mess ? and it's very long to load too and my workspace has just 4 samplers...

Thank you :)

#4 2019-09-22 18:53:08

SylvainT
Platinum Member

Hello noise2sine

I think the problem is :
when you load a patch several times in the same workspace, for exemple a sampler you've created and stored on your HD, each module of those patches (sampler, fader or switch, whatever) have the same ID, so the preset manager couldn't do the job correctly. This problem is solved in HH4, coming soon.
In HH3, the easiest way to achieve what you want, is to recreate each sampler (really boring I agree) or using the patch preset manager and a remote for recalling those presets with the workspace preset manager.
In HH4, the recreate module ID is implemented, unfortunately not in HH3 (in fact I couldn't find this option in HH3).

For you're last question : I think if you add a sample at the end of the list, there's no problem for the preset manager, it recalls a number. But if you change the order of the list, it will be a mess for you.

I never use workspace preset manager, I prefer rack and/or patch preset manager, it's more flexible and often faster, less informations to load simultaneously. And don't forget to uncheck "saved in preset" for each module that doesn't need to be recalled, there are often many of them.

Hope it help

All the best

Sylvain

#5 2019-10-04 21:31:45

noise2sine
Platinum Member

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer . I can know understand why it was so weird ! So i have created new samplers and it works fine.

Thanks again

#6 2019-10-05 12:01:59

SylvainT
Platinum Member

Great