Sensomusic

#1 2019-08-31 17:29:50

yooha22
Silver Member

Hello guys,

I watched all the tutorials and I am slowly getting the grasp of things. So please bear with me and my questions 🙋🏽‍♂️😁.

First a question about looping.
Which looper patch do you use for live looping and how do you sync it with the grid. E.g. precount from section 0 then record 4 bars and start playing imidietly.

#2 2019-09-01 15:46:17

x.iso
Platinum Member

there's no actual pre-roll in Usine, but you could just dedicate a section for this. so here's a tip: make 1 bar section with metronome if needed, or you could just make a led blinking to the beat and make it appear on top panel. then set up launch quantization for your loop section, so that when you trigger it it will start recording with a bit of quantized delay. I haven't really used loopers in Usine so far, but there were some patches around. I think it might be more efficient to stop recording and start repeating not on section ending, but on button press (midi or UI) with quantized trigger, so that you loop it when you feel like you got a good take as you finishing the section.

By the way, have you looked into NOundo? https://www.facebook.com/groups/NOundo/
you can download it in addons

#3 2019-09-01 19:21:40

joffo78
Platinum Member

Hello.
With noundo you can make a lot of stuff without take gare
About sync.  But for complex script, the grid seems
To be a good issue.  You just have to think about à good way
To detect the tempo for the first loop  because in my opinion
A metronome in live situation could be an aberration

#4 2019-09-02 17:21:11

yooha22
Silver Member

thank you for the info :) I will keep them in mind.