Sensomusic

#1 2015-05-23 10:09:32

hegeldas
Platinum Member

I am new with hollyhock, long time used usine and today want to jump to hollyhock, it's strange to me, the user interface is nice, but i am really in fight with, any one could give me an advise to view the workspace/rack panel (to edit, delete save...) I ve lost it, and don't know how to have it come back...

:|

#2 2015-05-23 13:46:14

nay-seven
Administrator

not sure to understand, except if your are in IB mode, you must see your racks?

btw, you're not really on the good forum..:)

#3 2015-12-26 16:18:58

fbella71
Platinum Member

First message...sorry for spamming but your server doesn't allow me to open a new topic before having posted a reply.

#4 2016-01-23 10:27:28

halbius
Platinum Member

Same for me...

#5 2016-09-12 21:33:59

Zubben

Im also overwhelmed with all the features of hollyhock

#6 2016-11-11 19:58:35

Littlewoodg
Platinum Member

Yes it's mind boggling but also irresistible

#7 2018-06-07 19:42:19

misterbg3

Good afternoon all,
   I'm posting here because I don't (yet) have the option to post elsewhere - There's a discussion to he had about the usefulness of this restriction as a spam prevention measure, but that's for another time - I'm trying to understand whether and how I can use Hollyhock on a file level (rather than a note level) to process existing midi files, maybe change tempo, then render using a VST instrument, and save the result. The manual talks about modules, that will accomplish each of these steps, (for example vile dialog window) but when placed into a rack, they don't seem to operate in any way. I'm likely missing a step or two here.
   More generally, Can I expect hollyhock to perform these types of file/composition level operations? or am I going to have to operate on a note by note basis, gathering midi events then performing a fast Fourier Transform to manipulate the tempo? I guess the underlying question here, is how granular am I going to have to go, in order to   perform file/composition level transformations?

#8 2018-06-08 19:40:32

nay-seven
Administrator

Can you precise your idea and what you try to do ?
not sure to understand what you mean by "file level " ?

#9 2018-06-09 21:10:26

misterbg3

nay-seven,
   Thanks for the quick reply. My objective specifically, is to be able to load a MIDI file, multiplex it into 10 or more instances, then modify each instances tempo/bpm by some percentage (default+10%, default +20%, default - 10% etc) then render each instance using a VST instrument, saving the output, with a file name determined based upon the original midi filename, and the degree of tempo adjustment applied, for example. This is one of the workflow components I'm trying to automate. I see some of patches I'd need to make this work, but I also see rather odd things like "Data IO can only be performed within a sub-patch" which may explain why I can't even get the MIDI file loaded... I tried using 'piano roll' to load the data, but that doesn't seem to make it available as a whole entity. It feels like I'm missing some key concept, or I'm trying to use Hollyhock in a manner it was never intended to be used... It's not clear which...

#10 2018-06-10 10:29:40

nay-seven
Administrator

Ok, here a first example
- The first rack is the main tempo and where you choose your MIDI file ( use "show MIDI file list" and add button)
- This MIDI file will be automatically add to the second rack using Text bus.
- The main tempo is also automatically add to second rack with data bus, a bit of math and you can adjust the % you want apply to this second rack, here a -%

You can of course duplicate this second rack to add more

DOWNLOAD