• Forums
  •  » News
  •  » Usine Hollyhock 1.1 major improvement

#1 2014-02-25 15:52:57

senso
Administrator

Usine Hollyhock 1.1 major improvement

Usine Hollyhock 1.1, major improvement

Thanks to all member to support Usine, Hollyhock is now in 1.1 version.
We made a particular effort to improve the stability and the efficiency of the audio engine.
Usine 1.1 provides a new global ergonomics and design to make Usine simpler than ever with a fresh and user friendly interface.
Also a powerful help system has been implemented to support new users.

- the audio engine is much more efficient
- global speed optimization more than 20% on heavy workspaces
- loading of patches and workspaces is 2x faster
- saving of patches and workspaces is 10x faster
- more stable than ever

Many other improvements, and bug fixed

senso & all the sensomusic team

http://www.sensomusic.com/forums/uploads.php?file=usine%201.1%20ss1%20v3.png

Olivier Sens
www.sensomusic.com

#2 2014-02-25 16:29:39

joffo78
Platinum Member

Re: Usine Hollyhock 1.1 major improvement

Thanks and congrat to all the team of sensomusic !

#3 2014-02-25 17:42:14

cmodica
Platinum Member

thank you. I will test it soon.

you are all incredible big_smile

#4 2014-02-25 17:49:24

senso
Administrator

I think that our server gone crash..smile

Olivier Sens
www.sensomusic.com

#5 2014-02-25 18:11:24

Jongleur
Platinum Member

Thank you I will try very quickly  smile

#6 2014-02-25 18:50:35

daviche
Platinum Member

Wow.cool

Composer - guitar player
Macbook Pro 2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8 Go 1333 Mhz DDR 3
RME Fireface UC
Soft Step - Tiny Control

#7 2014-02-26 00:35:24

Clearscreen
Platinum Member

WOW!!!big_smilelol Multi-touch XY outputs arrays properly! YAY!!!

Last edited by Clearscreen (2014-02-26 00:36:41)

#8 2014-02-26 01:06:59

woodslanding
Community

Well, I wish I was more excited.  A lot of things in my wkp not working now.  Looks like cpu is much higher for me too.  Wish there had been a 1.02 bugfix release, as it's been working really well for me.

I'll file some reports when I get things figured out.  Hopefully it's not too difficult.   I just had a baby boy 3 days ago, and don't have a lot of time for debugging. sad

on the web at ericmoonmusic &c &c   
dell lattitude e6420 with multi-touch, x-station,
multiface,  privia, fcb1010, usine, reaktor, kontakt

#9 2014-02-26 06:42:51

cfr
Platinum Member

well if anyone is interested this update makes the program usable on the ms surface pro smile many crashes on last version but this seems very stable. i cannot load too many plugins before i get audio crackle but it is still pretty fun for some live mobile sound and touch control

#10 2014-02-27 08:24:09

caco
Community

Looking good Senso smile

#11 2014-02-28 07:48:13

ceasless
Platinum Member

Definitely appreciating the aesthetic changes. I haven't had a chance to play with it much (it arrived the same day as my new Push). I'll let you know if I run into any issues. I really hope something can be done for woodslanding, he's not the first to report massive breakage between versions.

#12 2014-02-28 08:17:03

nay-seven
Administrator

@woodslanding : congrats for the Baby man !  and no  problems for reports of course

@ceasless, Thanks and hope you'll have fun with your Push and Usine ( do you know Gridlock? , a cool appz for launchpad and Push) .

Actually we don't have received any other report about workspace broken with this version

#13 2014-02-28 09:44:01

ceasless
Platinum Member

Gridlock looks really good. I was thinking to do something similar, but since the work has already been done I will instead focus on integrating it into Usine.

Regarding the broken workspaces, there was another user who mentioned they have this problem with almost every upgrade. Anyway, hopefully this can be made more stable as it can make me really nervous to work so hard on a setup and not be 100% sure that the effort will be preserved going forward.

Thanks sensomusic!

#14 2014-02-28 18:02:05

seamus
Platinum Member

Ceaseless I have a push too. I found that in user mode push responds to midi cc. I have a map of all the push buttons and their corresponding cc's. You can use create midi message and send a cc message to push and see the buttons light up. The value of the cc gives you a color or a flashing effect. I have yet to assemble it all in a large patch but user mode may be fine. One catch is you must open ableton first and then enter user mode. Perhaps gridlock is better. I'm not crazy about having to run max along side Usine as max maybe will eat up too much CPU but maybe not.
Please let me know how it goes with your new push!

#15 2014-03-03 14:33:29

ceasless
Platinum Member

@seamus, thanks for the info! It seems there are more options out there than I expected. Gridlock seems cool but also quite complicated, it will take some time to understand what is actually happening. PXT-General seems to work well for bringing in the scale modes, and it should not be too difficult to hook into my Sequins sequencer so that we can get a drum mode too.

In terms of the Ableton integration, I've never been a huge Ableton fan but I'm really starting to see the appeal (though I've really gotten spoiled by Usine in so many ways). I've been able to make a few rough cuts without looking at the screen or touching the mouse at all, which may not sound like a big deal but it does feel great.

@senso/@nay-seven, I remember reading that 1.1 would have improvements in IML. Are these documented anywhere? The only wiki change I see was adding a few module IDs to the list. I'd like to know ahead of time if anything has changed, because I'm going to be digging into IML heavily in order to bring stuff like patch browsing/loading to Push.

#16 2014-03-03 21:53:44

nay-seven
Administrator

About IML, There's no big changes, some details have been fixed and improved, so no special documentation.

#17 2014-03-05 08:34:11

seamus
Platinum Member

CrazY question but does Usine handle python scripts?

#18 2014-03-05 09:48:43

ceasless
Platinum Member

I think we will need to port the Python code to Pascal (te language used by Usine). I'm assuming you are talking about the scripts such as Launchpad95/Push? Unfortunately it won't be as easy as just translating, because Ableton provides a whole API for accessing its interface and things like that. So this would also have to be translated to similar functionality that Usine provides (this would be IML, if I understand correctly).

Push is really awesome but the default implementation with Live can leave a lot to be desired. There's this beautiful illusion that you are making music without touching the mouse or even looking at the screen, then you want to fiddle a parameter on a VST and you have to break the spell and go configure it in the cramped Ableton interface.

Usine can already discover params and provide lists, it should be "pretty simple" to do some auto-mapping of params (famous last words). I'm even thinking of a way to group them from the Push (since they may be randomly, or at least not perfectly, organized by default).

Then there's the potential for grid integration, rack/preset triggering.... Ahh, Usine, why do you have to make so many things possible?? wink

#19 2014-03-06 02:16:54

seamus
Platinum Member

http://julienbayle.net/ableton-push/#pushosc

Julien Bayle posted the python scripts uncompiled so that you can download them
And tinker with them. I was able to add a Messiaen scale that is not normally in push.
Maybe julien might know how we could translate them.
Keep me posted on your progress with this.

Seamus

Last edited by seamus (2014-03-06 02:17:48)

• Forums
  •  » News
  •  » Usine Hollyhock 1.1 major improvement